- CNN did a horrible job. No control. No limiting cross talk. Allowing others to interrupt. Questions which attempted to pit candidates against each other, instead of against the liberal democrat statists they will eventually be running against. I suppose by CNN standards they accomplished exactly what they wanted, which was to limit attacks on Hillary.
- Fringe candidates like Huckabee and Pataki should not have been on the stage. They added nothing to the debate.
- Same could be said for Rand Paul. He is completely out of sync with the rest of the GOP on foreign relations.
- Current governors like Walker and Christie [and I'd add Jindahl] did not get nearly enough time, especially since they are the only people running who are currently leading in this political environment.
- Senators Rubio and Cruz had a tendency to fall into the political speak and sounded like politicians.
- Ben Carson and Carly Fiorina are the only non-politicians who have the proper temperament to be president.
- And last but not least, Trump. I cannot imagine 4-8 years of having to listen to his chest beating and braggadocio. Probably would be a great Secretary of Commerce (and he'd make billions in side deals and probably be indicted).
Saturday, September 19, 2015
CNN GOP Debate Review
Here are some take away's: