Tuesday, January 20, 2009

History is made...

I, as a Christian, believe God has chosen Barack Hussein Obama (BHO) to lead this nation at this point in history and, as such, I believe I am to submit to his authority. BHO is my president, just as he is the president of all Americans.

I would like to offer my prayer for this president:
Dear Lord,
Only through your Providence has our great nation been allowed to exist. You have been our protector and showed untold grace and mercy on us, even as we turn from you. Now, you have chosen our new leader. We ask that you protect him and his family. Provide him with the wisdom of Solomon, the courage of David, and the humility of Jesus. Provide for him wise counsel. Instill in his heart the burden of protecting the citizens of the United States of America. Allow him the ability to bridge the remaining racial divide and stir a renewed sense of personal responsibility in all Americans. Amen

Finally, many of us are political conservatives. Therefore, it is also my belief that I am called to support my views which are largely at odds with BHO's stated policies. So I will keep trying to prevent his policies, while at the same time praying for our nation to be healed by BHO’s presidency.

No comments: