Monday, February 02, 2009

So you want to know were your money is going...?

Here is a link to the summary of the nearly $1,000,000,000,000 "stimulus bill".

$6,900,000,000 for local government energy efficiency block grants. (Maybe ACORN will handle the local distribution of the funds)

It's quite a potpourri of spending. It all sounds good on paper, though I'd say the government should not be involved in most of this stuff.

For example, "energy efficient home retro fits" $2,500,000,000. That's a lot of new windows & caulk. Of course, it's being administered by HUD. We all know there's no corruption in HUD. Anyway, isn't that the same as the first one?

$6,200,000,000 for home weatherization. Isn't that the same as...? Oh never mind!

$3,000,000,000 for National Science Foundation. Look what they do with the money. I guess, now congress can say they have already "given at the office" to these guys.

$1,000,000,000 for light rail. Is there a single light rail system in the country that pays for itself?

$1,100,000,000 for Amtrak. Need I say more?

$3,100,000,000 for improvements on federal land. Umm... The government is in debt. Maybe, they should sell some of that land or privatize the management of said land.

And, now for the largest benefactors of them all.... Education! $20,000,000,000 for 21st century class rooms. Ok, then why am I paying property taxes? I thought that's what paid for new schools. I didn't realize the federal government was in the school building business.

More money for higher education. I guess this means colleges get to raise their tuition again. I mean, why not, the fed's got it covered?

Child care development block grants (ACORN) get $2,000,000,000 to babysit about 300,000 kids (yes, that is $6,666 per kid) so their 'low income' parents can go to work. Let's see, put 20 kids together in a room one can make $133,333 a year per room.... Put a few classroom together and pretty soon you're talking real money! Oh, it gets better!

$2,100,000,000 for Head start. When I was a kid, it was called German-kindergarten and was held at our church by parents.... I guess now that's worth about $9,000 per.

$20,000,000,000 to "jump start" the computerization of medical records.

There is so much more, but I'm getting dizzy. I need to rest. I'll have to look through the "stimulus" package again to see if I can get reimbursed for resting.

And this is the "Exective Summary". I'm sure the real wasteful spending is buried deep in the actual bill....

BTW-Where is the additional money to bailout the banks? Is that going to cost EXTRA!?!?

No comments: